So for those of you who have seen The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug you are probably enchanted by its visuals, its epic storytelling, and the themes of small creatures having the ability to change the world.
If you’re like me you are most enchanted by the new amazing pairing that is She-Elf badass Tauriel and cutie pie Dwarf Kili.
The second this pairing was hinted at during the movie, I practically lost it. So many fangirl feelings came up that I have not experienced since the days of Lord of the Rings. There’s something about this franchise. I am a fan of many different stories, but I always revert back to my most cavewoman teenage fangirl instincts with anything Tolkien related.
During the movie the Space Pirate Queen and I were clapping in girly delight every single time this pair was hinted at. We kept saying out loud, “So many feelings! All the feelings! YES.” There’s just something so perfect about it. Even though Tauriel is not from the books, she is an amazing character and holds her own. Of course there is an implied romance between her and Legolas, so having her paired off with Kili makes so much sense. It further enforces Legolas’s hatred for dwarves (after all, his lady has the hots for one) which he expresses greatly in Lord of the Rings.
Yes, I know none of this is canon, but I don’t care. This is how logic works in the mind of a fangirl. Now pardon me while I ship this couple and look up amazing fanart on Tumblr.
- Ep. 58 Halloween: H20
- INTERVIEW: Kathryn Robson Receives Emmy Nomination for Documentary, CIRCUS OF BOOKS
- INTERVIEW: Jessica Huras’ New Bi-Visibility Short Film, Bing! Bang! Bi!
- INTERVIEW: Mystery Thriller Film, PADMAVYUHA With Director Raj Krishna Explores Complex History of Hinduism
- INTERVIEW: Young Actor Carina Battrick Stars in Viggo Mortensen’s FALLING
- INTERVIEW: Leanne Noelle Smith Talks About FAK YAASS and Her Journey into Acting
- INTERVIEW: Nadia George Stars in a Compelling Short Film ‘Along the Water’s Edge’
- INTERVIEW: Avocado Toast the Series, a New Sex Comedy Web Show for Millennials
- INTERVIEW: Francis Luta’s New Intense Documentary, ALONE ACROSS THE ARTIC with Adam Shoalts
- INTERVIEW: Sam Coyle and Erin Carter Explore Mental Health in Their Film, HAZY LITTLE THING
- INTERVIEW: Helena Marie Stars In New TV Show, MY PERFECT LANDING
- INTERVIEW: Tina Jung Plays A Young Immigrant In QUEEN OF THE MORNING CALM
- INTERVIEW: Kate Drummond Talks Getting Into the Heart of a Villain in UTOPIA FALLS
- INTERVIEW: Jeff Teravainen Talks UTOPIA FALLS, Acting and Music
- INTERVIEW: Praneet Akilla On His First Major Role In Netflix’s OCTOBER FACTION