I have never cosplayed. Ever. Every year, though, I tell myself I’m going to do it, but by some circumstance I’m never able to. Being such a Halloween enthusiast, you’d think I’d be all over cosplaying. Perhaps it is laze, perhaps it is the fact that I know no matter what costume I wear I know it would be in very hot weather in a stuffy convention center. Either way, I’ve never gotten around to it.
You know what, though? I have decided that this is the year, my friends. This is the year when I will do a completely over the top (and by over the top I mean AMAZING) costume that will blow people’s minds.That’s right, blow their minds. I want to start with a bang. Maybe I’m being a bit overzealous, but I’ve been wanting to cosplay for seven years now.
You all must be thinking, “Giselle, what costume are you daring to try? Also, I totally want to have your babies.” Yes, I know, but let’s talk business first. The task I am taking on is to cosplay Gem from TRON: Legacy.
The moment I saw that character from the trailers, I knew she was the one. Also, the lovely Miss Space Pirate Queen told me that I’d make a good Gem (I need encouragement, lol). Come on, look at that costume! It looks like such a creative challenge. And yes, I do want to incorporate the lights.
Although I am new to cosplaying, as I’ve said before I’m a Halloween enthusiast. I have spent a long period of time creating a costume before so I’m not a complete noob. I’ve already done research on how to obtain and include the EL wire, how to do the hair, and how to do that absolutely fabulous make up!
So here it is, friends. It’s going to happen. This year, 2011, is the year when I get my lazy derriere to cosplay. Considering the nature of the costume, I should probably work on getting my lazy derriere a tad smaller…
Do any cosplay veterans out there have any advice? Are there any words of wisdom you’d like to sprinkle down? I realize the task of creating this costume may be daunting, but I really want to try it.
If something happens that prevents this working out for Comic Con, then worst case scenario I will have one badass Halloween costume.
- INTERVIEW: Sydney Meyer Stars in Netflix’s New Teen Drama, GRAND ARMY
- INTERVIEW: Tracey Erin Smith and Charlie David Talks New Season of ‘DRAG HEALS’
- Ep. 58 Halloween: H20
- INTERVIEW: Kathryn Robson Receives Emmy Nomination for Documentary, CIRCUS OF BOOKS
- INTERVIEW: Jessica Huras’ New Bi-Visibility Short Film, Bing! Bang! Bi!
- INTERVIEW: Mystery Thriller Film, PADMAVYUHA With Director Raj Krishna Explores Complex History of Hinduism
- INTERVIEW: Young Actor Carina Battrick Stars in Viggo Mortensen’s FALLING
- INTERVIEW: Leanne Noelle Smith Talks About FAK YAASS and Her Journey into Acting
- INTERVIEW: Nadia George Stars in a Compelling Short Film ‘Along the Water’s Edge’
- INTERVIEW: Avocado Toast the Series, a New Sex Comedy Web Show for Millennials
- INTERVIEW: Francis Luta’s New Intense Documentary, ALONE ACROSS THE ARTIC with Adam Shoalts
- INTERVIEW: Sam Coyle and Erin Carter Explore Mental Health in Their Film, HAZY LITTLE THING
- INTERVIEW: Helena Marie Stars In New TV Show, MY PERFECT LANDING
- INTERVIEW: Tina Jung Plays A Young Immigrant In QUEEN OF THE MORNING CALM
- INTERVIEW: Kate Drummond Talks Getting Into the Heart of a Villain in UTOPIA FALLS