Over the weekend, I received an e-mail from Rachael of Glass of Win, where she informed me that she had bestowed the One Lovely Blog Award to DefectiveGeeks! It made my day!
I met Rachael many years ago through mutual friends and she is a person I trusted easily. I am generally a shy and quiet person; and I love listening to people tell stories. Let me tell you, Rachael can talk and tell plenty of stories! Her blog is an extension of the many interests, from cooking to music and even letters to her heart (she was born with a born with aÂ congenital heart defect). Although, to experience Rachael in full, you have to be sitting in her living room during a Halloween party, watching her cats, and have the room be full of her laughter. It’s awesome. Thank you, Rachael– not only for the award, but also because you rock. Plus, she’s also a geek… and we love geek girls around here, as you know!
As acceptance of this award, the following criteria should be met:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that youâ€™ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
(in no particular order!)
1) I Am Chubby Bunny! – Creator and owner of Chubby Bunny bows! Also, Michelle rules and is one of the most hardworking people I know.
2) Zippercut – Mandy is someone I totally admire– she’s so cute and her outfits are the best.
3) Hi Hi Caro! – Caro, how are you so sweet AND amazing at the same time?! Your polaroids are pure love… good luck on Sweet Streets!
4) Ninja Sovereign – Before I met True Mee, I was in awe of her. She’s so pretty, her outfits and photos are incredible–Wait… I’m STILL in awe!
5) The Art of Dennis Calero – Dennis is secretly my hero. He’s been quiet lately, but I think it’s because he’s plotting something… something that would blow the world away.
6) Shrinkle – I’m guessing Amy has already gotten this award a few million times over, but what the heck? I love her make-up and her blog is colorful!
7) Jason Tagle Fitness – my boyfriend, my bestfriend, (insert mushy things in here)! But he also managed to whip me into shape and he could do the same for you!
8 ) Aimee Kitty – Aimee’s livejournal is a LOT of fun to read, she’s so talented and creative– and perfectly adorable.
9) Lydia Chen Photography – I love Lydia’s photography. I’m kind of a creeper and I stalk her livejournal and photography blog. Sorry, Lydia… I’m creepin’ on you.
10) Otacracy – Vince is another talented photographer and I’m usually bugging him for photoshoots. He’s also an award winning music composer!
11) Lock the Colt – Adri creates such beautiful imagery of everything and anything she loves. Her Supernatural blog is evidence of her talent.
12) Ink and Thunder – I love Becky Cloonan’s artwork and graphic Â novels. Her blog is a great way to keep up with her most recent works.
13) It’s Like Tiffany’s – It’s been a long time since she has updated this, but my cousin’s blog is full of concise writing and thoughts on today’s fashion world.
14) The Hikikomori Prince – Miki’s personal blog is filled with constant day to day details of her life in Japan– sometimes, the everyday proves to be most interesting.
15) Thee Out Mods – Â A band that I became friends with when they lived in L.A…. I miss experiencing their music live! So much great energy! (Japanese only website)