Lillian Diaz-Przybyl is one of the co-founders of Sparkler Magazine, which is a project that I am currently pretty excited about. They have an amazing collection of talents, graphic novels, written fiction and audio dramas under their belt — and all of it need a lot of more love from more readers. Check out our interview with Lillian below and she will tell you all about Sparkler, the work behind it and what’s in store in the future for this unique online publication.
Tell us about Sparkler Magazine’s superhero origin story. Who are the creators? Where did the idea come from and how did it become a reality?
So basically in the mid-90s, all of us got hit by the Anime Bug, and were turned into rabid otaku—I mean. Uh. Actually, that’s kind of what happened… Three out of the four of us founders were Sailor Moon junkies in one way or the other, and after I graduated with a double-degree in nerdery (read: Japanese & English, with a side of running my college’s anime society) I wound up working at TOKYOPOP for several years, where I got to know Lianne as a freelancer (actually, she applied for the same staff job I did—no hard feelings!) and a friend. Lianne and Becca have been friends since middle school, a time during which Lianne describes herself as the local anime pusher, and Jill’s a proud otome gamer and has a real job in the finance industry. We’re lucky to have found her!
- INTERVIEW: Suzanne Cyr Is The Headmaster in Night Raiders
- INTERVIEW: Kyle Lucey On Continuing Comedy During a Global Pandemic with The Secret Show!
- Legendary Comics @ SDCC 2021: Oscar Isaac Surprises Fans on Online Panel – Watch It Now!
- INTERVIEW: Ryan Taerk on The Communist’s Daughter and Wanting to Be A Marvel Hero
- INTERVIEW: Thriller Series, Something Undone, Starring Madison Walsh and Michael Musi
- INTERVIEW: Actor, Sarah Podemski, Talks SyFy’s Resident Alien, Indigenous Representation and Totem Designs
- INTERVIEW: Avaah Blackwell Talks Being Part of the Starfleet on Star Trek: Discovery
- INTERVIEW: Eric Hicks, Star of LOVE IN HARMONY VALLEY, Talks About His Journey As An Actor and Spiritual Practitioner
- INTERVIEW: Sydney Meyer Stars in Netflix’s New Teen Drama, GRAND ARMY
- INTERVIEW: Tracey Erin Smith and Charlie David Talks New Season of ‘DRAG HEALS’
- Ep. 58 Halloween: H20
- INTERVIEW: Kathryn Robson Receives Emmy Nomination for Documentary, CIRCUS OF BOOKS
- INTERVIEW: Jessica Huras’ New Bi-Visibility Short Film, Bing! Bang! Bi!
- INTERVIEW: Mystery Thriller Film, PADMAVYUHA With Director Raj Krishna Explores Complex History of Hinduism
- INTERVIEW: Young Actor Carina Battrick Stars in Viggo Mortensen’s FALLING