Our sweet reader Rhona has one swanky friend who has turned her geeky passion into her career! Stephanie Sheh went from being a member of the UCLA anime club to being a successful voice actor and director for many anime series.
Stephanie is best known for providing the American voice for Orihime from Bleach and Hinata from Naruto and she was the co-director for the voicework of Resident Evil 5. She is also pursuing an on-camera career and plays mini Olivia Munn on G4’s “Attack of the Show” and was a part of an ABC pilot with Damon Wayans and Jane Lynch.
But her work doesn’t stop there. She’s got a very philanthropic side as well. She started the not-for-profit group, We Heart Japan, with fellow friends in the anime industry after the devastatingÂ March 11th 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Towering at a height of 4’9″, Stephanie is living proof that big things come in small packages. Like dynamite.
How was it like going from being a member of fandom to becoming a strong presence in the American anime industry?
SHEH: It’s a dream come true, I guess! But at the same time there are certain things that I miss about being a fan. That’s not to say that I’m not a fan; I’m just not the same type of fan. When you’re working in anime and go to your voiceover sessions or writing scripts at the same time and adapting, or reviewing, or directing, you’re watching anime while you’re doing it. The last thing that you think to do when you have free time is to watch some more anime.
- INTERVIEW: Tracey Erin Smith and Charlie David Talks New Season of ‘DRAG HEALS’
- Ep. 58 Halloween: H20
- INTERVIEW: Kathryn Robson Receives Emmy Nomination for Documentary, CIRCUS OF BOOKS
- INTERVIEW: Jessica Huras’ New Bi-Visibility Short Film, Bing! Bang! Bi!
- INTERVIEW: Mystery Thriller Film, PADMAVYUHA With Director Raj Krishna Explores Complex History of Hinduism
- INTERVIEW: Young Actor Carina Battrick Stars in Viggo Mortensen’s FALLING
- INTERVIEW: Leanne Noelle Smith Talks About FAK YAASS and Her Journey into Acting
- INTERVIEW: Nadia George Stars in a Compelling Short Film ‘Along the Water’s Edge’
- INTERVIEW: Avocado Toast the Series, a New Sex Comedy Web Show for Millennials
- INTERVIEW: Francis Luta’s New Intense Documentary, ALONE ACROSS THE ARTIC with Adam Shoalts
- INTERVIEW: Sam Coyle and Erin Carter Explore Mental Health in Their Film, HAZY LITTLE THING
- INTERVIEW: Helena Marie Stars In New TV Show, MY PERFECT LANDING
- INTERVIEW: Tina Jung Plays A Young Immigrant In QUEEN OF THE MORNING CALM
- INTERVIEW: Kate Drummond Talks Getting Into the Heart of a Villain in UTOPIA FALLS
- INTERVIEW: Jeff Teravainen Talks UTOPIA FALLS, Acting and Music